Delegating effectively is a core skill for self and people leadership. The benefits of effective delegation become evident in improved organisational effectiveness, developing the skills of your team, reducing stress and ensuring that as a leader you are able to continue to add value to your work environment.
What to expect during the programme
Highlight your contribution as a leader in the workplace, in a course that supports ability to examine workload and prioritise tasks. Identify tasks that should be delegated and apply frameworks to manage and communicate effectively. Focused on the steps and stages that ensure successful and positive delegation, this programme also supports a workplace culture that grows and develops your people.
- Clearly articulate the benefits of effective delegation in your work environment and for your leadership role
- Explore reasons for not delegating and identify issues that underpin avoiding delegation
- Explore different forms and levels of delegation, as not all delegation processes are exactly the same
- Understand and apply a delegation framework managing tasks and people at each stage in the process and to ensure a successful outcome
- Create workplace scripts and practices to support you in different delegation situations
- Manage refusals to carry out a task or troubleshoot ahead to ensure that delegation is both appropriate and successful
- Apply the delegation process to develop the talent in your team and work the strengths of the organisation
Discovering if the programme is right for you
Effective delegation skills do not come naturally to many people in leadership positions. This workshop will give you the skills and confidence to be a leader who can delegate successfully and for positive outcomes. You will leave with a skill set that enables you to grow your team members, improve the productivity of your organisation and clear your own schedule to complete the tasks that will grow your leadership capabilities.
Return on your investment
Leave this one day programme with a clear plan of action to improve delegation practices in your work environment. Build on your strengths as a leader and add a clear framework to manage people and tasks for growth and development.
The Delegation programme is designed by NZIM Southern and presented by our expert faculty who bring a unique combination of leadership and industry experience and qualifications in adult learning.
This programme is eligible for NZTE Funding.
You may be eligible for up to 50% of your training investment to be funded by NZTE. For more information on the NZTE capability development voucher scheme or to find your local regional business partner please see www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz