Learn tools and techniques to expand your critical thinking skills.
What to expect during the programme
The quality of our actions, decision making and problem solving depends on the quality of thinking and our capacity to look at common issues and problems differently. Critical thinking expands our capacity to ask the right questions, align tasks and people to organisational goals and to be creative in our work. This workshop will equip you with the tools and techniques to examine, plan, question and develop workable solutions in the workplace.
- Distinguish between critical thinking, problem posing, problem solving and decision making
- Examine the difference between simple, complicated and complex issues in the workplace
- Move from surface issue to root cause to ensure a clear foundation for working through issues
- Explore a range of critical thinking tools and techniques in a practical way
- Cascade techniques to create your own framework for arriving at robust decisions
- Build collaborative processes and encourage others to apply tools and techniques relevant to their work
- Review and evaluate decisions to measure success and plan for future learning
- Build confidence and new tools for creative and effective problem solving in your work environment
Discovering if the programme is right for you
People often see solutions but lack confidence to speak up, this course will provide you with robust tools to examine issues and make change in the workplace. This programme is designed for anyone who is committed to seeking workable solutions for issues on the spectrum from everyday to complex problems in the workplace.
This programme is registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund
This programme is registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund. Find out more by visiting www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz