There is a difference between individual, team and organisational resilience. There is also a subtle difference between resilience and wellbeing. This programme is the third in the Resilience and Wellness series, building on prior learning participants will create their own WARM (WellBeing and Resilience Measures) profile for their work environment. Bringing together the learning across the series to ensure the workplace is a safe and engaging environment for individuals and teams.
Resilience and Well-Being
Currently resilience is a 'hot topic' in leadership, it connects to well-being, health and safety, commercial survival, managing change, and managing crises. We talk about resilient individuals, teams and organisations. Yet many have not thought carefully about what resilience really means in leadership. In this workshop you can expect to work through definitions of resilience in your context, examine the principles of resilience, adaptive resilience and grit; understand the needs of your own organisation and develop a toolkit to support you and your team to demonstrate resilient behaviours and enhance the power of your team and the individuals within it. Leave this course equipped to be a supportive leader capable of leading through changing circumstances effectively, enable your groups to survive and thrive and create new ways forward in a changing world.
- Explore definitions of resilience, adaptive resilience, and grit in order to identify the definition most suitable to your work context
- Distinguish between resilience and well-being; what they are and how the two work in tandem to reinforce each other
- Understand core features needed to support people in practice and to create resilient environments
- Explore limits and boundaries when focussed on resilience for individuals and organisations
- Draw on the latest evidence-based research to improve your own practices to enhance resilient workplaces
- Acquire a practical toolbox and set of skills to support you in developing resilient environments for individuals, teams and organisations
- Build in workplace habits that will support others to develop resilient workplaces
- Communicate for support, systems and strategies to build WARM measures - Well Being and Resilience Measures
- Create supportive learning environments for yourself and others to continue to build resilient practices
Discovering if the programme is right for you
Understanding resilience in the different arenas of well-being, health and safety, being agile, able to change and lead change are important to leaders today. This one day workshop will support you to challenge your current understanding, ensure that you are up-to-date with the latest research and that you turn information into practice to contribute to real and lasting flourishing for individuals, teams and organisations. This is suitable for people in commercial, community and not-for-profit workplaces.
Return on your investment
Invest in this one day practical workshop to ensure that you are ahead of the curve in your understanding of resilience, reinvest back in your workforce by having the skills to create powerful, supportive environments, able to be agile, and get the best from everyone and ensure the ongoing success of your workplace.
Resilience and Wellness Series
The Resilience and Well-being workshop is the final part of our Resilience and Wellness series. This comprises of three one day workshops: Authentic Leadership, Leading Others Through Change and Resilience and Well-Being. Collectively these workshops provide leaders and team members with a solid foundation to enhance wellness and reduce stress in the workplace.
Offered only twice in 2019, participants on this programme will form a cohort and learn from each other as well as sharing effective evidence based practice. Participants will be invited to develop and enhance wellbeing measures in their workplaces in ways that are practical, measurable and create safe, inclusive environments.
NZIML subscribers can book and pay for all three courses at once and receive the discounted pricing of $1,500 plus GST. Contact our office direct to organise your booking on 03 379 2302. This offer is only open to NZIML subscribers.
This programme is eligible for NZTE Funding.
You may be eligible for up to 50% of your training investment to be funded by NZTE. For more information on the NZTE capability development voucher scheme or to find your local regional business partner please see www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz