This programme will challenge your current views of leadership practices and expand your awareness of yourself and your actions; resulting in new learning to support you to build resilience, inclusion and engagement at work.
What to expect during the programme
The most successful leaders are those who understand the impact they have on others, to do this we must first understand ourselves. In this programme you will actively explore 'experience' as a phenomenon, and develop a framework to examine the power of learning through experience. Leaders from this programme will leave with a greater self-awareness, and an ability to view all situations as growth opportunities, they will be able to 'seize the moment' and conduct effective professional conversations for growth and improvement. Many leadership programmes focus on the 'big ideas' this programme works in the small everyday spaces that provide opportunities to make incremental change and build on success.
We will model the skills that we are learning, so expect to be an active participant and learn through the experiences of this programme. Arrive in casual, comfortable clothes.
- Explore the phenomena of experience, every day creativity and innovation
- Distinguish between reflection and critically reflective practices to improve awareness in context
- Examine assumptions about authenticity and leadership. What does it mean? Is it an excuse not to change? Can you 'fake it till you make it'?
- Understand the impact of emotions, meaning, values and narrative at work
- Explore habit formation, seek the 'small spaces' and identify how to support successful change
- Create and own leadership practices that are outcome oriented, evidence based and locally validated, unique to your situation
- Develop a practical framework for professional conversations
- Ensure that you are a leader who continues to learn
Discovering if the programme is right for you
Authentic Leadership programme is an intensive programme experience. At the heart of this programme is a process to explore professional and personal change and transformation. You will want to be challenged about your current views on leadership, you are interested in what lies behind the surface of behaviours and actions in the workplace, you want to improve your practices as a leader and contribute to real and lasting change.
Return for your investment
Invest in this intensive programme, hold a mirror to your practice as a leader and identify your core strengths, how to implement change for yourself and others and how to build your career as a leader. The activities and content in this programme can be applied to the workplace, our careers and the community.
The Authentic Leadership programme is designed by NZIMS and presented by our expert faculty who bring a unique combination of leadership and industry experience and qualifications in adult learning.
This programme is eligible for NZTE Funding.
You may be eligible for up to 50% of your training investment to be funded by NZTE. For more information on the NZTE capability development voucher scheme or to find your local regional business partner please see www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz